Wrangell's Premier Jet Boat Operation! since 1989
Toll Free 1 (888) 385-2488
***Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, updated almost daily with lots of year around Adventures taking place in Wrangell Alaska.
2013 Tours Price List
Stikine River Tours:
1) Chief Shakes Adventure. 4 hour duration, Tour takes you to Shakes Glacier OR Chief Shakes Hot Springs which covers some of the main attractions of the river. Yep we "burn" some sloughs and Wrangell Wiggle (Breakaway link) on this one. Price $140.00 per person (local taxes, permit fees, complementary beverage, map and narration.).
2) John Muir Adventures. This is the total Stikine River immersion tour, best in town. 5-6 hour duration, see all the must see sights on the river (Shakes Lake, Chief Shakes Hot Springs, continues to the U.S. / Canada border). Slough burning, Wrangell Wiggle (Breakaway link) on this one too. Price $180.00 per person (local taxes, permit fees, complementary beverage, map and narration.).
LeConte Glacier Tours:
1) LeConte Glacier Adventure. 5-6 hour duration, Tour takes you through Dry Straits ( part of the Stikine River Delta) to LeConte Bay, where you encounter the first of hundreds, perhaps thousands of icebergs from golf ball size to Titanic class bergs, navigate 7 mile fjord through towering mountains on your way to the face. Price $180.00 per person (local taxes, permit fees, complementary beverage, map and narration.).
2) Include Petersburg. Add a stop in Petersburg ( the only Norwegian based town in Alaska ) for an additional $40.00 per person and an additional 2-3 hours to tour duration.
Anan Bear Tour:
1) Bears of Anan Experience. 6-7 hour duration, Tour takes you to the world class Anan Bear Observatory. Depart Wrangell for a 1 hour boat ride where you will debark at the Anan shoreline for the 1/2 mile trail walk to the observation deck. Limited permits are available for this tour so book early. Price $258.00 per person (local taxes, permit fees, complementary beverage, map and narration.).
16 foot lunds with 25hp 4 stroke outboards $120.00 per day replace the fuel. Canoes and double Kayaks $60.00 per day, single kayaks $40.00 per day.
Water Taxi :
Banana Pt. (access to Petersburg via Banana Pt.) $40.00 per person $80.00 minimum. Rates vary for U.S.F.S. Cabins in the area. Telegraph Creek, Canada $1,200.00 - $1,800.00 depending on vessel used.
The "Stikine Dream" was the first boat in Wrangell with forward facing seats and glass windows "all the way around". Heaters, bow ladder, overhead storage compartments are all popular items. Plus we can give you the "Wrangell Wiggle" on the Stikine River (Breakaway Link) Tour.....
The "Ocean Pro" is a deeper vee version of the Stikine Dream. It has a unheard of thick hull to take the abuse of icebergs on the LeConte Glacier (Breakaway Link) tour. So we can get you the great experience you deserve. Heaters, glass all around and forward facing seats are all advantages on the boat.
The "Motivator" is in a class by itself. This landing craft vessel has a football field of room in the bow and super easy access to the shoreline to explore the great sights at Anan Bear Observatory (Breakaway Link). Plus riding in the aft portion of the boat makes the choppy waves smoooooth. Dual Heaters, glass all around and lots of elbow room are all pluses on this boat.
The "Glacier Chaser" is the only 6 passenger boat in Wrangell with walk upright into the cabin, forward facing seats, sliding glass windows, heated etc.. With many of the features as the "Stikine Dream" and "Ocean Pro". Seating for 8 passengers but we operate it as a "6 passenger" vessel. Locally built to our specifications it is a great general purpose vessel built for folks that want a more intimate personal experience.
Eric Yancey, moved to Wrangell in 1978. He started Breakaway Adventures back in 1989. He holds a USCG Master 100 ton license.
Jared Gross, born and raised in Wrangell. He has been driving for us for 4 years now. He holds a 50 Ton USCG Master license, is of Native decent.
Norm Degnar, moved to Wrangell in 1990, raised two kids in Wrangell, worked at several fishing / sightseeing lodges and has drove boats for us for several years. He holds a USCG Master license.
Return to Main
© Breakaway Adventures, all
rights reserved 1998
Page Created by Eric
Updated January 2012